Based in Manchester, UK
13 June, 2012
The Earth is in grave danger. Somewhere just beyond our planet’s outer atmosphere, a series of colossal asteroids are spinning ever closer on a deadly collision course to wipe out human kind. So far, all attempts to divert their trajectory have failed. Now, in mankind’s desperate last stand, it’s down to you to command a network of missiles carrying huge explosive charges and try to blast the asteroids into a harmless meteor shower before they reach Earth. Using precision laser technology, you have only a limited time to program the guidance system using a series of reflectors, splitters, and filters that activate the nodes that will launch the rockets towards their targets. The fate of planet Earth rests with you. Good luck! PulzAR in its simplest terms is a puzzle game based on directing a laser beam to a target using reflectors, splitters and color filters. An AR Play Card is initially placed down as the ‘arena’ card that is used as the anchor for the level. The other AR Play Cards are then used to place objects within the levels to direct and re-color the laser beam. The ultimate goal is to re-direct the laser beam to a final target that will ignite a rocket that will be sent to space in order to destroy and protect Earth from incoming asteroids.
Sony asked us to come up with a brand new innovative idea for their Augmented Reality suite of games using the AR cards that were to come bundled with the PlayStation Vita. We thought it would be cool if you could use the AR cards to place mirrors that reflected a laser beam to solve puzzles, and PulzAR was the result. It was the only AR game to use all six cards and Sony liked it so much they put it forward for a Games Bafta!
- Place mirrors, splitters and colour changers to power up your rocket and save Earth - and your desk - from destruction.
- Use your AR Play Cards and rear camera to launch missiles from any flat surface towards the deadly meteors above you.
- Connect the laser beams to hit the high scores and open up five increasingly tricky stages - each with five challenging levels.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Silver Award, PulzAR" Pocket Gamer, 15 June, 2012
- "Nominated by Sony for Games Bafta, Technical Excellence category" PulzAR, 2012
- "Don't think AR gaming can be enjoyable? Let PulzAR prove you wrong with its brilliant table-top puzzling."
- Mike Rose, Pocket Gamer
About Eiconic Games
Eiconic is a UK based independent games studio run by Dave Pollard and Simon Credland. We make the kind of games we love to play.
More information on Eiconic Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Director & Programmer, Eiconic
Director & Artist, Eiconic
Engine Programmer, Eiconic