Based in Manchester, UK
20 November, 2012
Look lively soldier, grab your gear and fall in line for the biggest, baddest, craziest and most explosive war game to hit your screens and assault your senses. Total Recoil takes arcade shooters to the max it’s a warmongers delight, packing a deadly arsenal of kick-ass weapons, devastating explosions, mega bosses, and much much more into one dynamite package. Start as a lowly Private and work your way up through the ranks by blasting through wave after wave of gun-toting grunts, turrets, gunships, mega-tanks, mines and more. Arm yourself with a huge range of upgradeable weapons whilst raining down death and destruction upon your enemies by earning ‘Killstreaks’ including artillery, air support, sentry guns and smart bombs. It’s the most gun toting, flame throwing, rocket launching, barrel busting, chain-gunning, explosive game in the world. So, what are you waiting for?...FALL IN SOLDIER!
Originally developed as our first foray into mobile games, Total Recoil was a big hit on iOS and Android with over 1 million downloads (that's more than the entire population of Fiji) and an average 4.7 stars from many thousands of user reviews. We then brought the game over to the excellent PlayStation Vita with it's dual analog sticks working perfectly with Total Recoil's twin stick action. It also featured in the Vita's Indie Game Mega Pack.
- Explosively addictive arcade gameplay keeps you coming back for more. If you can see it, you can blow it up!
- Over 1 million downloads on iOS and Android!
- Upgradable weapons including Assault Rifle, Flamethrower, Chaingun, Cannon, Grenade Launcher and Missile Launcher!
- Featuring the vocal talents of Tom Clarke Hill (Tony the Tiger)!
- Unlock ‘Killstreak’ rewards including artillery strikes, sentry guns and dive bombing planes!
- More explosions per square inch of screen than any other game... ever!
Logo & Icon
- "With more explosions than a KISS show, Total Recoil is a blast!"
- Lizard, Punk And Lizard
- "It’s a fun game which you’ll plan to just have one quick go and spend the next hour playing as you upgrade those awesome weapons."
- Chazz Harrington, PS Nation
- "I meant to write this review up much earlier this evening, but I kept playing the game, trying to get to the next level. For all factors involved, Total Recoil gets a 9/10"
- Steve Davala, PS Vita Hub
Official Total Recoil Facebook page facebook.com.
Punk and Lizard interview Dave about Total Recoil on Vita punkandlizard.com.
About Eiconic Games
Eiconic is a UK based independent games studio run by Dave Pollard and Simon Credland. We make the kind of games we love to play.
More information on Eiconic Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Total Recoil Credits
Director & Programmer, Eiconic
Director & Artist, Eiconic
Engine Programmer, Eiconic